RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS AIR FORCE BOARD FOR CORRECTION OF MILITARY RECORDS. IN THE MATTER OF: DOCKET NUMBER: BC-2015-01638 COUNSEL: NONE HEARING DESIRED: NO APPLICANT REQUESTS THAT: His Post 9/11 G.I. Bill Transfer of Benefits (TEB) be removed from his records and his Active Duty Service Commitment (ADSC) of 27 Jan 18 be deleted. APPLICANT CONTENDS THAT: The required counseling for the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill TEB and associated ADSC was not accomplished by the Military Personnel Section or Education and Training Section in accordance with AFI 36-2306, Voluntary Education Program. He signed a SOU only after being advised by the Education Center that revoking the TEB would also revoke his associated ADSC. He questioned bullet 3 on the SOU that read “I may modify or revoke my election at any time but my service commitment will not be automatically cancelled.” and was advised the ADSC would not be automatically cancelled; therefore, he would need to contact AFPC to get it removed. When he contacted AFPC/DPSIT they stated the ADSC would remain even if the TEB was revoked. No G.I. Bill benefits have been utilized and removing the TEB and associated ADSC from his records would be at no cost to the government. In support of his request, the applicant provided a copy of his Active Duty Officer Career Brief, a memorandum for the Boards consideration, a copy of this Post 9/11 G.I. Bill Transfer of Education Benefits Statement of Understanding, and e-mails with the base personnel flight. The applicant’s complete submission, with attachments, is at Exhibit A. STATEMENT OF FACTS: The applicant is currently serving in the Regular Air Force in the grade of Captain. On 28 Jan 14, the applicant applied for TEB. On 30 Jan 14, the applicant digitally signed the Post 9/11 G.I. Bill Transfer of Education Benefits Statement of Understanding in which he acknowledged: “In accordance with Title 38 U.S.C., Chapter 33, AFI 36-2107, and AFI 36-2306, I will incur a service obligation of 4 years and an Active Duty Service Commitment (ADSC) will be updated in my records effective from the date of application in the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) Transfer of Education Benefits (TEB) website and reported to the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA).” On 31 Jan 14, the applicant was approved for TEB with an ADSC of 27 Jan 18. The remaining relevant facts pertaining to this application are contained in the memorandum prepared by the Air Force office of primary responsibility (OPR), which is attached at Exhibit C. AIR FORCE EVALUATION: AFPC/DPSIT recommends denial indicating there is no evidence of an error or an injustice. The applicant signed the SOU which states “I understand I may modify or revoke my election at any time but my service commitment will not be automatically cancelled.” A complete copy of the AFPC/DPSIT evaluation is at Exhibit C. APPLICANT'S REVIEW OF AIR FORCE EVALUATION: A copy of the Air Force evaluation was forwarded to the applicant on 8 Jul 15 for review and comment within 30 days (Exhibit D). As of this date, no response has been received by this office. THE BOARD CONCLUDES THAT: 1.  The applicant has exhausted all remedies provided by existing law or regulations. 2.  The application was timely filed. 3.  Insufficient relevant evidence has been presented to demonstrate the existence of an error or injustice. We took notice of the applicant’s complete submission in judging the merits of the case; however, we agree with the opinion and recommendation of the Air Force office of primary responsibility (OPR) and adopt its rationale as the basis for our conclusion the applicant has not been the victim of an error of injustice. Therefore, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, we find no basis to recommend granting the requested relief. THE BOARD DETERMINES THAT: The applicant be notified the evidence presented did not demonstrate the existence of material error or injustice; the application was denied without a personal appearance; and the application will only be reconsidered upon the submission of newly discovered relevant evidence not considered with this application. The following members of the Board considered AFBCMR Docket Number BC-2015-01638 in Executive Session on 28 Jan 16 under the provisions of AFI 36-2603: ,., Panel Chair , Member , Member The following documentary evidence pertaining to AFBCMR Docket Number BC-2015-01638 was considered: Exhibit A.  DD Form 149, dated 7 Apr 15, w/atchs. Exhibit B.  Applicant's Master Personnel Records. Exhibit C.  Memorandum, AFPC/DPSIT, dated 2 Jun 15. Exhibit D.  Letter, SAF/MRBR, dated 8 Jul 15.