RECORD OF PROCEEDINGS AIR FORCE BOARD FOR CORRECTION OF MILITARY RECORDS IN THE MATTER OF: DOCKET NUMBER: BC-2014-00440 COUNSEL: NONE HEARING DESIRED: NO ________________________________________________________________ APPLICANT REQUESTS THAT: His AF Form 3008, Supplement to Enlistment Agreement, be void and removed from his records. ________________________________________________________________ APPLICANT CONTENDS THAT: He was guaranteed benefits by his recruiter and at Basic Military Training (BMT) that cannot be delivered with a four year term enlistment. He was provided false information. It was explained that the AF Form 3008 was completely supplemental and had no effect on the Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) eligibility. He signed the AF Form 3008 with the intent of receiving the MGIB after his four year enlistment. Since that scenario is not feasible, he asks that the AF Form 3008 be declared void and removed from his records. He plans to attend law school using the MGIB. No payments have been made for the Enlisted College Loan Repayment Program (ECLRP). In support of his request, the applicant provides a copy of his AF Form 3008 and a personal statement. The applicant’s complete submission, with attachments, is at Exhibit A. ________________________________________________________________ STATEMENT OF FACTS: On 10 Jul 12, the applicant enlisted in the Regular Air Force. ? According to an AF Form 3008 dated 10 Jul 12, the applicant acknowledged and signed that he understood he would have to qualify for and enter a second term of active duty or enlistment to complete the MGIB eligibility or he would automatically forfeit his MGIB contribution and eligibility. _______________________________________________________________ AIR FORCE EVALUATION: AFPC/DPSIT recommends denial. There was no proof of a government error in completing the AF Form 3008. The applicant appears to not understand that he has to enter a second term of active duty or another enlistment to qualify for the MGIB. The applicant signed AF Form 3008 which states, “I further understand that while at Basic Military Training, I will automatically be enrolled in the MGIB and will make a $100.00 monthly contribution for 12 consecutive months unless I choose to be disenrolled. I also understand I must qualify for and enter a second term of active duty or enlistment (does not need to be a consecutive term) to complete MGIB eligibility or I will forfeit my MGIB contribution and eligibility.” The applicant contributed $1,200.00 for the MGIB. The applicant never submitted the applicable documentation to DPSIT to initiate ECLRP. Consequently, no payments were ever made to his lender(s) via the program and there is no adverse impact on his education benefits. The applicant can use the MGIB within the established guidelines. He can show the attached letter to the applicable Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) regional office if necessary to verify his non-participation in the ECLRP. The complete DPSIT evaluation, with attachment, is at Exhibit B. _______________________________________________________________ APPLICANT'S REVIEW OF AIR FORCE EVALUATION: On 27 Jun 14, a copy of the Air Force evaluation was provided to the applicant for review and comment within 30 days (Exhibit C). As of this date, this office has not received a response. _________________________________________________________________ THE BOARD CONCLUDES THAT: 1. The applicant has exhausted all remedies provided by existing law or regulations. 2. The application timely filed. 3. Insufficient relevant evidence has been presented to demonstrate the existence of error or injustice. We took notice of the applicant's complete submission in judging the merits of the case; however, we agree with the opinion and recommendation of the Air Force office of primary responsibility and adopt the rationale expressed as the basis for our conclusion that the applicant has not been the victim of an error or injustice. Therefore, in the absence of evidence to the contrary, we find no basis to recommend granting the relief sought in this application. _________________________________________________________________ THE BOARD DETERMINES THAT: The applicant be notified that the evidence presented did not demonstrate the existence of material error or injustice; that that the application will only be reconsidered upon the submission of newly discovered relevant evidence not considered with this application. _________________________________________________________________ The following members of the Board considered Docket Number BC- 2014-00440 in Executive Session on 12 Nov 14, under the provisions of AFI 36-2603: , Panel Chair , Member , Member The following pertinent documentary evidence was considered: Exhibit A. DD Form 149, dated 28 Jan 14, w/atchs. Exhibit B. Memorandum, AFPC/DPSIT, dated 16 Jun 14, w/atch. Exhibit C. Letter, SAF/MRBR, dated 27 Jun 14.