DRB DIGEST/EXECUTIVE SUMMARY DRB DOCKET 2014- 017 NAME CURRENT DD-214 Under Honorable Conditions, I-B-17 COMDTINST M 1000.4 I-B- 17 COMDTNST MIOOO.4 RELIEF REQUESTED Honorable RELIEF GRANTED BY DRB None CORRECTIONS None TIS 4 yrs, I month, 8 days Policy Implications None EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: The applicant was discharged for Misconduct due to Commission of a Serious Offense in 2012. The actions that led to the Discharge included Adultery with an officer's wife, sending racially offensive texts to the other parent of their children (also a CG mbr), attempting to impede an investigation, and making false statements to obtain a Mutual assistance loan. The applicant was denied a Second chance waiver for continued service by the Regional commander. The Board finds no issues with propriety or equity in this case. The charges committed are normally commiserated with a Court-Martial level proceeding. The former member's offenses were handled by way of NJP which carries a far lesser punishment. The applicant was notified of the intent to discharge, and the applicant was advised of the rights to an attorney. The applicant made a statement and objected to discharge. The Board notes that the applicant has provided no evidence before or after the discharge to refute any of the offenses. Propriety: Discharge was proper. Equity: Discharge was equitable. Final Adjudication by Assistant Commandant For Human Resources: No relief.