DRB 2015-027 Applicable Policy Military Separations Manual: 1.B.19 prescribes standards for processing individuals for Adjustment Disorder. Summary of Service/Disciplinary Action A. Age at enlistment in USCG: 26 B. Periods of unauthorized absences: None C. Civil actions: None D. Military Actions: a. Non Judicial Punishment: None b. Court Martial: None E. Highest rating achieved: SN F. ASVAB AFQT: 93 G. Active service completed: 04 months, 21 days Applicant’s Issues and Documentation Documentation: In addition to the service record, the following additional documentation, submitted by the applicant, was considered: A. DD Form 293 B. Supporting Documentation Issues: The applicant states “I am requesting a change/upgrade of my entry code. The reason I was assigned the reentry code of RE4 was due to a one time occurrence. I had no other issues of concern while serving my enlistment in the Armed Forces. I have received treatment for the occurrence and I am confident that I will not have that or any similar issue again.” Board’s Discussion and Conclusion DISCUSSION: The applicant was discharged for Adjustment Disorder in the Spring of 2012. The Board finds no issues with propriety in this case. However, the Board does note that most Discharges for Adjustment Disorder are in alignment with the RE-3G reenlistment code. Per ALCOAST 252/09, the Board recommends a partial upgrade to the RE-3G in the absence of any adverse or derogatory actions during the applicant’s short time in service. While the applicant was deemed unsuitable for continued service at that time, the documentation does not support a permanent ban for future reentry into military service. Additionally, the applicant did receive an Honorable Discharge. This was in the applicant’s favor as Discharges with less than 180 days of service normally are issued an Uncharacterized Discharge. Lastly, the applicant did not object to the Discharge. An RE3 reentry code is not an affirmative recommendation for reenlistment; rather, it represents that the applicant is not recommended for reenlistment due to a disqualifying factor. The RE3 code may be waived based upon the policies and needs of the gaining Service. RECOMMENDATION: The Board members thoroughly reviewed the applicant’s record of service and all available documentation2. The Board deemed that the applicant’s character of service, and reason for separation are appropriate and should not be changed. Propriety: Discharge was proper. Equity: Discharge was equitable. Board Conclusion: The Board voted 5-0 to recommend partial relief to the reentry code of RE-3G per ALCOAST 252/09