ORB DIGEST/EXECUTIVE SUMMARY ORB DOCKET 2015-038 NAME• E3 CURRENT DD-214 Honorable, COMDTINST Ml000.6, Art 12-E-6, HRB, Homosexual Admission, RE4 RELIEF REQUESTED Change Narrative Reason RELIEF GRANTED BYDRB SPD Code to JFF to be aligned with Secretarial Authority as the Narrative Reason. Separation Authority to 12-B-12 with REl as the Reentry Code. ADMIN CORRECTIONS None EXECUTIVE SUMMARY: The applicant was discharged for Homosexual Admission in the Spring of 2010. The applicant's record shows satisfactory service and there is no record of any disciplinary or performance issues. The applicant was discharged based solely upon Don't Ask Don't Tell, and there were no aggravating factors in his record. PROPRIETY: The Board finds no issues with propriety in this case. The applicant was properly discharged under policy in effect at the time of discharge. EQUITY: In light of the repeal of Section 654 of Title 10, United States Code effective September 20, 2011 and as specified in Under Secretary of Defense (Personnel and Readiness) Memorandum of September 20, 2011, the Board finds that the applicant's discharge is inequitable. The applicant was discharged solely under the provisions of Section 654 of Title 10, United States Code, therefore the terms of discharge should be corrected accordingly. BOARD RECOMMENDATION: The Board members thoroughly reviewed the applicant's record of service and all available documentation and recommends that the applicant be issued a new DD-214 with "JFF" as the SPD Code, "Secretarial Authority" as the Narrative Reason for Separation, "12.B.12" as the Authority, and "REI" as the Reentry Code. Propriety: Equity: Discharge was proper. D i s c h a r g e i s n o t e q u i t a b l e b a s e d u p o n a s u b s e q u e n t p o l i c y / l e g i s l a t i v e c h a n g e . Final Adjudication by Assistant Commandant for Human Resources: Concur with Board. Aforesaid relief is granted.