DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY . BOARD FOR CORRECTION OF NAVAL RECORDS . 701 S. COURTHOUSE ROAD. SUITE 1001 ARLINGTON, VA 22204-2490 Docket No. 9146-15 23 Nov 15 Dear This is in reference toˇyour application for correction of your naval record pursuant to the provisions of title 10 of the United States Code, section 1552 . A t hr ee member panel of the Board for Correction of Naval Records, sitting in executive session, considered your application on 23 November 2015. After careful consideration of your application, the Board concluded that your application was not timely filed, and that it would not beˇ in the interest of. justice to excuse your failure to submit your application in timely manner. Specifically, you provided no reason for waiving the statute of limitation other than "On this date, I met for the first time with a .ˇ ˇ .. ., who showed me the issue at number 22 of' the DD 214, and 'interviewed me to see if there were any further injustices to correct". The Board determined this was an i nsufficient reason to waive the statute since there is no evidence provided that indicat es you were unable to file your application within the three years from when you l earned of ,your ~haracterization of service. You may request reconsideration of this decision within one year from the date of the Board's decision. However, your request must include newly discovered relevant evidence which was not reasonably available to you when you submitted your application. Further, the evidence must pertain to the timeliness of your application or to its merits. Absent such additional evidence, further review of .your application is not possible . Sincerely, , AY 2 7 2016 Executive Director