DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY BOARD FOR CORRECTION OF NAVAL RECORDS 701 S. COURTHOUSE ROAD, SUITE 1001 ARLINGTON, VA 22204-2490 Docket No: 795-17/ 1325-16 JUN 0 5 2018 This is in reference to your reconsideration request. You previously petitioned the Board for Correction of Naval Records (BCNR) and were advised in our letter of 28 July 20I6, that your application had been denied. Your case was reconsidered in accordance with BCNR procedures that confonn to Lipsman v. Sccretm)' oft/ze Army, 335F.Supp.2d 48 (D.D.C. 2004). After careful and conscientious consideration ofthe entire record, the BCNR found the evidence submitted was insufficient to establish the existence ofprobable material error or injustice. Consequently, your reconsideration request has been denied. Regarding your request for a personal appearance, the Board determined that a personal appearance with or without counsel will not materially add to their understanding of the issue(s) involved. Therefore, the BCNR determined that a personal appearance was not necessary and considered your case based on the evidence of record. Because your application was submitted with new evidence not previously considered, the BCNR found it in the interest ofjustice to review your application. Your current request has been carefully examined by a three-member panel ofthe BCNR, sitting in executive session on 26 March 20 I 8. The names and votes of the members of the panel will be furnished upon request. Documentary material considered by the BCNR consisted ofyour application and all material submitted in support ofyour application. In addition, the advisory opinion (AO) furnished by a qualified Mental Health Professional, dated I I September 20I 7, which was previously provided to you and is enclosed. You presented an undated statement regarding your recollection of events surrounding your service and events, Electronic Medical Documentation Consult Requests pages 3 and 4, Progress Notes pages 5 through I 5, and character letters. However, the Board concluded that the new material provided was insufficient to establish the existence of probable material error or injustice and agreed with AO. It is regretted that the circumstances of your reconsideration petition are such that favorable action cannot be taken again. You are entitled to have the BCNR reconsider its decision upon the submission of new and material evidence. New evidence is evidence not previously considered by the BCNR. In the absence of sufficient new and material evidence for reconsideration, the decision ofthe BCNR is final, and your only recourse would be to seek relief, at no cost to the BCNR, from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. In the absence of sufficient new and material evidence for reconsideration, the decision of the Board is final, and your only recourse would be to seek relief, at no cost to the Board, from a court of appropriate jurisdiction. Sincerely, Executive Director